Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 380

A brother found a sister this morning. And a sister, a brother.
On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan today, Geeta Sardana tied the sacred thread on the wrist of Srichand Arora in a brief, but heart-warming ceremony at the Garden. By this simple ritual, both are now bound to one another, as normal siblings would, for the rest of their lives.
Significantly, Arora does not have a sister of his own. So on Raksha Bandhan day last year, when this blog had suggested that we celebrate the festival (see post of August 24, 2010) in the Club, Arora had posted his comments thus: “I would appreciate if your suggestions are accepted and our female members choose their lovable brothers in the Garden. I, at least, would love to have so many sisters (through your proposal) since I don't have any sister. You value only those things that you don't have.”
Happily, Geeta has responded to these sentiments with sisterly love and grace. By a strange coincidence, she too does not have a brother of her own. So it was verily a momentous occasion for both, even as Arora couldn’t suppress his sharp sense of humour: “Isska matlab, mein yahaan pe sabse shareef bandaa hoon!” Both exchanged gifts in reiteration of their commitment to the new relationship they now share.
Amidst the good cheer, playful digs and many rounds of applause accompanied by a variety of sweets from both Arora and Geeta, the prize-giving ceremony for winners of the 'guessing game' of July 24, 2011 got clearly sidelined (see last Sunday’s post). Santosh Tyagi, being the senior-most and most respected lady member of the Club, did the honours, while Dilip Babani and Geeta (once again, as this was the second time she was winning) collected their prizes. Our hearty congratulations to both of them!
Says RENU BABANI:
What a day it was! Raksha Bandhan was celebrated in style with sweets. The fun and loving atmosphere seemed to have been in the air from the start. This is what we are -- full of joy and always willing to share it with everyone. Aren't we lucky to be able to celebrate any occasion and make the most of it? I feel truly blessed to be part of such a wonderful group with whom I am able to share my emotions and somehow they understand. May this spirit be alive and our strength as a unit keep us together always. God bless everyone!
Says DILIP BABANI:
Really, the members of our Culb were all very happy. This festival brings back happy memories of the days when we were kids. Brothers were happy because their sisters would tie rakhi. And sisters were happy because they would get gifts and affection from their brothers. Everybody would get together and enjoy with mithai. In some homes, people would pass time playing cards with small amounts of money. Families used to go out for movies, followed by lunch or dinner in a hotel. I think God made festivals to unite the family. In our stressful lives, let us enjoy all the festivals and become the small, fearless child once again!
ANONYMOUS says:
Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate. Thanks! I will recommend your site to my friends.
Says SRICHAND ARORA:
It was really the greatest day for me. This is for the information of you all: I lost my sister when I was only four years. Surprisingly, I could find her now after 66 years. At the age of 70, I got my sister back. Thank you very much, GOD!
Says HARISH WADHWA:
Arora-sa'ab has a heart of gold. What a lovely treat to the eyes and heart seeing a brother and sister. May GOD bless you people a very long life.

5 comments:

Renu said...

What a day it was. Raksha Bandhan was celebrated in style today, and sweets distributed to everyone. The fun loving atmosphere and high spirits seemed to have been in the air from the start. This is what we are,full of joy, and always willing to share it amongst each other. Aren't we lucky to be able to celebrate any occasion, and make the most of it?
I know I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful group with whom I am able to share my emotions and somehow they understand.
May our spirit be alive, and our strength as a unit keep us together always!!!! God Bless everyone.

dilip babani said...

really all the memebers of culb were very happy .this festival bring the memories of old days when we were small kids ,we all become so happy on this rakhi festival because this day is the day of brother& sister brother is happy that his sister will tie the rakhi& sister is happy that she will get the gift& affection& loves from brother& everbody will get to enjoy the festival with mithi& in some home people play playing cards with small small amount of money for time pass& full family go out for movie&eat lunch or dinner in hotel.i think god made this festival to unite the family.we in india have lots of festival to enjoy& make our life cheerful,anxious,
i think we should never grow old all the bachpana activites we should do for making ourself & oters happy .god have made the world to live happily with joy.this all we get when we r small kid,since small kid have no worries at all only suhavene sapne
( ake alag se duniya ) really childhood never comes back
in this stressfull life if we want to live cheerful, happy,worryless lifewe must enjoy all the festival & become small fearless child.
dilip babani

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My site:
rachat credit auto rachat de credits

s v arora said...

Its really the greast day for me. This is for the information of you all that I lost my sister when I was only 4 year and surprising I could find the same not at the age of 70 means after 66 long years I could get my sister back. Thank you very much G O D

Harish Wadhwa said...

Arora saab has a heart of gold. What a lovely treat to the eyes and heart seeing a brother and sister. My GOD bless you people a very long life.