Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pound of Peda

The ladies extracted their pound of pedas (right) from Harish Wadhwa this morning. Not that the men weren’t expecting the sweets. Harish's absence from the exercises yesterday had become a cause of lingering disappoint-ment for all who counted on a birthday treat from him. Many looked longingly at the Garden Gate through the morning session, awaiting his arrival. Some like Bhaswati Bose and Renu Babani registered their protest in the blog (see yesterday’s Comments). Santosh Tyagi considered going to Harish’s house. “Ghar pahunch jayenge!” she threatened.
It is not on everyone’s birthday that an issue is made over sweets. Harish, being one of the younger members and naturally, much adored in the Club, raises such heightened expectations. Moreover, he is a known foodie and quite upfront in complaining every time he misses out on anybody’s birthday treat. So on his birthday, nobody was going to let him off easily. And surely, Harish knew that as he came suitably prepared today.
Incidentally, the joint-party of the September-borns will have to be pushed beyond this week-end. Before leaving for Mangalore on August 30, Monthi Serrao (above) had said that she’d like to join the (astrological) "virgins" of Badmaash Company in their celebration, scheduled for September 17. We now learn that she is down with malaria. It seems it was so bad that she had to be hospitalized at Mangalore and that her daughter had to rush over to bring her back to Bombay. Let us wait for Monthi to recover fully before even thinking of a joint-party.
Meanwhile, Nahid Khan (right) has started to sing, “Sawere wali gaadi se chale jayenge!’ She is off by the early morning train tomorrow to spend a fortnight with her folks at Lucknow. Today was her last day at the Garden, before leaving. We wish her a safe journey and pleasant stay at her maikey.
Srichand Arora (from Singapore):
Bose-ji, Happy Birthday my dear. Wish you very many happy returns of the day. May God bless you -- the dearest to all of us.
Also, Happy Birthday dear Bhatt-ji. I presume that again you have stopped going to the Laughter Club. For the last so many days, nothing is written about you and you are not seen in recent photos. Hope you are alright.
Monthi-ji, please take care of your health. I wish you an early recovery.
Harish Wadhwa:
* Yesterday, I consciously stopped by the mithai shop to ensure that I reach the Garden next day with some goodies. I am touched by the warm gesture from members, who make me feel so special.
* Monthi-ji, wish you a quick and healthy recovery from malaria. We will of course, wait for you (as also indicated by our Blog Monster) for the joint celebration. By the way, you look great in this picture with ruffled and windswept hair.
* Tomorrow, two of my dear friends Bose Babu and Bhatt-sa'ab will celebrate their birthday. I want to be the first to wish them a very Happy Birthday and great years ahead -- full of peace and prosperity.
Renu Babani:
Yes, we did it! The surprise this morning was that Harish-bhai came in earlier than expected, with box in hand. I guess he knew had he come empty-handed, no one would have spared him. The sweets were expected and highly appreciated. As a group, we have developed a comfort zone in ourselves and yet, respect one another. Otherwise, who'd have the audacity to literally demand a birthday treat?
Hope Monthi-ji recovers quickly so that she gets back to the Garden and celebrates her birthday with the rest. Also, wishing Mrs Khan a safe and enjoyable trip, considering the amount of double duty she was stuck with. She deserves this break!
Srichand Arora adds:
Harish-bhai, don't you think some unfair things are happening in the Garden? Pedas are being distributed in my absence. How about my share? Please keep some pedas in your fridge so that when I come, I should get my share. Don't say then that you will buy fresh ones for me. I know by that time we both will forget this. So better I get some baasi peda. This way I would be getting something at least. Bose-sa'ab and Bhatt-ji, these instructions are for you too!
Harish Wadhwa responds:
Renu-ji, you all have a right to command/ demand anytime. Actually, I am the beneficiary in all this. Exchanging simple sweets with tons of invaluable blessings is a great bargain anyday. Cannot ask for more.
Arora-ji, enjoyed your comments. Treat is pukka when you return. Instead of pedas, I am going to put away some fresh "fruits", which will transform into "dry fruits" till your return.

9 comments:

s v arora said...

Bose Ji Happy Birthday my dear. Wish you very very happy returns of the day. May God bless you dearest to all of us

Happy Birthday dear Bhatt Ji. I prosume that again you have stopped coming to the Laughter club as since last so many days nothing is written about you as well as you are not seen in of recent photos. Hope you r alright.

Monthy Ji please taje care if your health. I wish you an early recovery.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Yesterday, I consciously stopped by the Mithai shop to ensure that I reach the garden next day, with some goodies. I am touched by the warm gesture from member's and make me feel so special.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Monthi ji, Wish you a very quick & healthy recovery from Malaria. We will ofcourse wait for you, as also indicated by our Blog monster for the joint celebration. By the way you are looking great in this picture, with ruffled & windswept hair.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Tomorrow two of my dear friends Bose Babu and Bhat Sa'ab will celebrate their Birthday. I want to be the first to wish them a Very Happy Birthday and Great Years ahead, full of peace & prosperity.

Renu said...

Yes we did it. The surprise this morning that Harish bhai came in earlier than expected with box in hand. I guess he knew had he come empty handed no one would have spared him! The sweets were expected and highly appreciated.
As a group we have developed a comfort zone amongst one another, and yet managed to respect one another as well. Otherwise who has the audacity to literaly demand a birthday treat!
Hope Montyji recovers quickly so she gets back to the garden and celebrate her birthday with the rest.
Wishing Mrs. Khan a safe and enjoyable trip, considering the amount of double duty she was stuck with.. she deserves this break!

s v arora said...

Harish Bhai don't u think some unfair things are happening in the garden. Pedas r distriguting in my absence. How about my share. Pl keep some pedas in your fridge so that when I come, should get my share.Don't tell me that u will buy fresh for me. No pl as I know by that time we both will forget this hence better I get some baasi peda. This way I m getting something atleast. Bose saab and Bhatt ji this instructions r for you too.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Renu ji, you all have a right to command/ demand, anytime. Actually, I am the beneficiary in all this. Exchanging simple sweets with tons of invaluable blesings is a great bargain, anyday. Could'nt have ask for more.

Arora ji, enjoyed your comments. Treat is pukka, when you return. Instead of Pedas, I am going to put away some fresh "fruits", which will transform into "dry fruits" till your return.

Kishor said...

Dil se hum dillagi kiya nahi karte,
Yeh dil kisi ko diya nahi karte.
Dil ko aapka Mobile Number pasand aa gaya,
warna Hum kisi ko itne SMS kiya nahi karte....

Kishor said...

Na wafa na khata kar paye,
Na pyar na daga kar paye,
Mohabbat kar to li humne,
par lafzo se kabhi bayan kar na paye