Tuesday, September 30, 2014

‘Obama of Garden’

Barack Obama
The Club was today witness to a bizarre spectacle with Bijoy Kumar Gupta charging Shekhawat of being the “Obama of the Garden” and demanded that he relinquish the position forthwith. “Even Obama cannot rule for 15 years the way you are doing,” Gupta exclaimed in all seriousness. “I am willing to pay one lakh rupees upfront if you vacate your position for me!”
Completely stumped for words, Shekhawat promptly gathered a crowd around to hear what Gupta was saying. “Why one lakh rupees, I am prepared to pay ten lakh rupees if Shekhawat quits his kursi,” Gupta continued. “I shall make phone calls to everybody, take you all on long-long picnics, even take you on a world tour. I will do whatever you say, just get rid of this man. He has become Obama of this place.”
“Don’t pay ten lakh, one lakh will do,” Shekhawat interrupted.
Bijoy Gupta stakes his claim
“Bring the money tomorrow and I shall leave the day-after. That’s a promise.”
“You mean you are making a donation to the Club?” Harbans Kaur wanted a clarification.
“Call it whatever you want so long as I get to replace Shekhawat,” Gupta insisted.
“But you will have to stand for election,” Bhaswati Bose reminded him.
“Then I won’t win,” Gupta conceded matter-of-factly. “I know nobody will vote for me. Why else am I paying so much money? I can already see so much mayoosi on everybody’s faces here!”
But Shekhawat was not willing to let go. “First get the money and then we shall see,” he prodded Gupta.
“No-no-no this won’t do… I need some guarantee. Otherwise you people will take my money and not elect me and I shall be neither here nor there. That’s not fair.”
Nobody knows if Gupta is really serious. For this is the second time he is staking his claim for being the Club's bossman. The last time he even demanded that he be garlanded with honour, be photographed and written about in the blog, etc. In return, he would throw a lavish party for all, he promised.
Harish Wadhwa:
I am sure no one will have any objection if the club gets one lakh (if not 10) by making Gupta-ji the Obama of Big Laaf! Why not give him the opportunity to 'serve' us and test his claims?

1 comment:

Harish Wadhwa said...

I am sure no one will have any objections if the club gets 1 (if not 10) lacs, by making Gupta-ji, the 'Obama' of Big Laaf unopposed!. Why not give him the opportunity to 'serve' us and test his claims ?