Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Green Fixation

Gupta pleads for presidenship
Bijoy Gupta did not bring any cash or cheque today (ref yesterday’s post). Let alone explain, he went on an offensive, accusing Shekhawat and Srichand Arora of monopolizing Big Laaf to the extent that ladies listen only to them. “Not one lady talks to me, have you noticed?” he charged. “I want to reverse this. I want to break your stranglehold on the Club. The ladies should laugh and chat with me also.”
As Shekhawat and Arora rolled in laughter, Sunita Jajodia valiantly took up for them. “You need to have some quality about yourself for ladies to feel like talking to you. Why do you think they like to hobnob with Shekhawat?”
“Because he is president of the Club,” he replied with child-like naiveté. “Otherwise I also shave in the morning like him, I too wear half pants, I’m even wearing a green T-shirt today…
Razia with green purse
Shekhawat in green dupatta
but still women flock behind Shekhawat.”
“So take the presidentship and give one lakh,” Shekhawat repeated, clearly realizing that the green-eyed monster had got the better of Gupta's mental faculties.
“I am not a fool,” Gupta cried. “There must be a catch somewhere. I want the respect of a president. You will have to garland me, take my photographs, make a very big announcement in Times of India…”
His diatribe continued endlessly, but the “green T-shirt” bit stuck to Arora. He noticed that quite a few members (and non-members as well) had followed his instructions on wearing green on Wednesday and for the benefit of those who did not, he offered to buy them T-shirts. Many thought they would come for free, but when Arora clarified that he would charge for them, demands began mounting: “I don’t like collars”, “I wear only XXX”, “But I like red”, “Get me collarless”…
Shekhawat took the easy way out by draping a green dupatta around him while Razia displayed a matching green money purse if only to prove she was more loyal than the king. What nobody realized was that getting T-shirts for others is doomed for disaster. It almost never works out.
Jagmohan Papneja:
A good idea to wear green clothes/ T-shirts on Wednesdays. No doubt this uniformity will reflect oneness and also create a good impression. At the same time, we need to consider whether any such imposition will keep the joy and happiness among us. This needs to be ascertained from individuals so that they may live the remaining part of their lives as per their choice.

1 comment:

Jagmohan said...

A good idea to suggest to wear green
clothes/T-shirts on each Wednesday to be known as Green Day.No doubt such a uniformity will reflect oneness and also gives a good impression to others.At the same time can such a theme will keep the feeling of joy and happiness amongst us.This needs to be ascertained from individuals, so that the lives of aged allow them to live the remaining part of their lives as per their choice.
Jagmohan Papneja