Monday, February 23, 2015

Great Escape

Missing Man
Srichand Arora did escape. Yesterday afternoon, he quietly packed his bags and fled the health retreat in Pune (ref post of February 21) that was holding him captive for a weight reduction program ending this week-end. Four days into this 10-day naturopathy course was more than what he could take. “I cannot adjust here,” was the crisp message he texted his friends before flying the coop.
He did not leave any forwarding address.
Since then, there has been no trace of Arora. Those expecting him to join the exercises at the Garden today were in for a disappointment.
Monthi Serrao returned from
a bout of fever and flu
Word got around that he was sighted at different places in Mumbai since early morning -- the unlikeliest story being that he was taking refuge in his grandchildren’s place. Many waited for a ‘promised appearance’ at 7:45 a.m. i.e. after the exercises were over – but all in vain.
In his absence, speculation was rife over the provocation behind his dramatic escapade. We all know Arora to be so strong-headed that he can never succumb to the dictates of anybody on this planet. To be deprived of tea and cigarettes for 10 days was bad enough. And to curtail his movements in the retreat without even the facility of television was nothing short of torture. Worse still, was to subject the foodie in him to ingest bland, boiled vegetables without even a pinch of salt.
But the tipping point came with the big game on Sunday when India played South Africa in the ICC World Cup. Cut off as he was from the rest of the world, he missed all the action. And that obviously was too much for him to bear. In all probability he made up his mind at that point and got the hell out of the health retreat, not looking back even once. Chances are, he will not venture anywhere close to Pune for years to come.
P.S.: Arora reportedly dropped by in Garden – but long after we had dispersed!
Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
Getting admitted at Pune was Arora-ji's own choosing. His escape has deprived him of long-term benefits. And Arora-ji's loss is ours as well, as we too have missed the good points of health. However, his escape can be compared with the 'Great Escape' of World War II when a large number of prisoners escaped after tunneling their way out.
Srichand Arora:
* OMG, so many things happened in my absence! I missed the Peacock Dance. I join my dear Kiran Prakash for a repeat performance of this dance on the coming Saturday.
* Angad-ji, the trip to Nisargopchar Ashram, in Uruli Kanchan, Pune was of course, my own choice. I even knew the facilities not available there like spicy food, TV or any other entertainment. But I was sure to adjust. But Oh God, this was not my cup of tea! Now I am happy that I'm back with my healthy Big Laaf group.
* Friends, I know that running away from the ashram was a mistake -- not only on health grounds, but I also broke my wife's heart. Seriously, it was very difficult for me to adjust. I am really very sorry for my wife.
Kiran Prakash:
Let bygones be bygones. Arora-ji, we really admire your honest confession. You are the BIG HEART of BIG LAAF.

4 comments:

Angad Singh said...

The admission at Pune was own choosing of Aroraji which would have benefitted him in the long run. His escape has deprived him of long term benefits. However. his escape can be compared with 'Great Escape' of 2nd WW when large number of prisoners escaped after tunnelling their way! Aroraji's loss is ours aS WELL, as we have missed good points of health.

s v arora said...

OMG. so many things happened in my absence. missed the MOON & SUN dance and I join here with dear Kiran Prakash to repeat this dance performance on coming SATURDAY. Angadji off course the trip to Nisargopchar Ashram - in Uruli kanchan-Pune was my own choice and even I new the facilities not availabe there like spice food, TV or any other entertainment but I was sure to adjust my self. But oh GOD this was not my cup of tea. Now I am happy that I M back to my healthy Big Laaf group.

s v arora said...

Friends I know that running from the ashram is my mistake. Not only health
ground but I also broke my wife's heart. seriously it was very difficult for me to adjust. I am really very sorry for my wife.

Kiran Prakash said...

Let bygones be bygones. Arora-ji, we really admire your honest confession. You are BIG HEART of BIG LAAF.