Monday, April 06, 2015

Variety Programme

Srichand Arora  (in blue t-shirt)
Shekhawat (in striped t-shirt)
Srichand Arora today announced that for the first time, we shall be having an evening of variety entertainment, the focus being primarily on projecting select photographs from this blog for members and their families. As indicated in our post of March 30, the digital show would be accompanied by rounds of Housie and antakshari, followed by dinner. He did not however, specify if it would be designated as an Annual Day celebration. “I leave you to collectively decide on the date and other details,” Arora said. “Saturday would be convenient for most of us. What kind of dinner would you like, whether it should be contributory or funded by the Club, partly or wholly, the way the evening should be scheduled and so on, would be all up to you. Just give it a thought and let me know in a couple of days.”
Meanwhile, Shekhawat came up with a funny way of categorizing members, based on how adjusting and amenable they are during Club excursions. On a scale of A to D, he said top priority would be given to those in Category A and determined troublemakers, placed in Category D, would be left out. Clearly, he is yet to get over the euphoria of success from the just-concluded Gangtok-Darjeeling tour.
Monthi celebrates Easter with cake 'n' sweets
Razia Khan is bedridden
But he did not make any mention of a mysterious seven-minute video in which some ladies make an April Fool of him at Darjeeling. Efforts are on to get hold of that supposedly hilarious, belly-aching audio-visual clip.
Away from all this, Razia Khan informs us that she is recuperating at home from the surgery last week (ref post of April 2). Her note to us is self-explanatory: “As you all know, I fell down and my thumb got fractured. I got it operated and had three stitches. The doctor has advised me to take rest. I am feeling very uncomfortable with the plaster and the pain has not yet subsided. I am not able to come to the Garden and will not be able to come for three more weeks. I am missing you all. My regards to all Big Laaf members… Please remember me in your prayers.”
Hibah Modak:
Hello, ma nam is Hibah. What do you do in your club? May I know what things don't you do in your club?
Srichand Arora:
Razia-ji, this is not correct. You had applied for four days leave and now you say three weeks. No, not allowed in any circumstances. At the most your leave can be sanctioned for one week and not more than that. We don't mind that come to the Garden and sit on the bench. You will not be asked to join any exercise or laughter. Hopefully, we should see you on Friday or Saturday. If you are not there, then...
Sunita Milwani:
* Razia-ji, please do come and only be our teacher by standing at the centre and start giving instructions. We will provide you with armrest chair also.
* Well Hibah, we make one another laugh with the laughing exercises. We do not fight. The picture of Razia-ji is misleading. Our members are hale and hearty.
* Shekhawat-ji, Yeh Kya Hua? Kaise Hua? Kab Hua? Kiyun Hua? Two out of your four saalis are injured and even then you can claim to take 40 ladies on an international trip.
Razia Khan:
* What a great idea, Arora-ji. In my opinion the last Saturday (April 25) would be great and I would love to be part of the entertainment. Let us have a grand party and I think we should all contribute for the dinner because as you said, this party will be for members and also their families and spending so much from the club fund will not be the right thing. In my view, per head contribution would be better. This is my opinion... rest whatever majority decides.
* Arora-ji, I am really flattered by your warmth and encouragement. Thank you so much. I will definitely come to see you as soon as possible. I am touched by your love and you have doubled my will power. One feels so happy and flattered when one comes to know that there are people around who miss you. Thanks, once again. Aap sab ke liye ek sher arz karti hoon: Tum se juda huye thhey ye kal hi ki baat hai, Mehsoos ho raha hai zamana guzar gaya!
* Sunita-ji, so nice of you and thanks a lot. I will come very soon to see you all. Remember me in your prayers.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

hello..ma nam is hibah..what do you do in your club

Unknown said...

may i know what things donyou do in your club?

s v arora said...

Razia Ji, this is not correct. Your had applied for 4 days leave and now you says 3 weeks. No not in any circumstances. At the most your leave can be sanctioned for one week and not more then that. We don't mind, come to the garden and sit on the bench. You will not be asked for joining any excersise or laughter. Hopefully we see you on friday/saturday. If you are not there then>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bihari Milwani said...

Razia Ji
Please do come and only be our teacher by standing at centre and start giving instructions. We will provide you with Arm Rest chair also

Bihari Milwani said...

Well Hibah, we make each other laugh by doing laughing exercises. We do not fight. The picture of Razia Ji is only misleading you. Our members are hale and hearty

Bihari Milwani said...

Shekhawat Ji. Yeh Kya Hua? Kaise Hua? Kab Hua? Kiyun Hua? Two out of your Four Salis are injured and even then you claim you can take 40 ladies to international trip

Bihari Milwani said...

Wov I am waiting for the day when I can bring my wife and show her how we do laughing exercises and also birthday parties and be back at home by 8.10 am for going to office

Razia Khan said...

what a great idea aroraji.In my opinion Last saturday 25th of this month would be great and I would love to be a part of this fun and frolic. Let us have a grand party and I think we should all contribute for dinner because as you said this party will be for members and also their families and spending so much from the club fund will not be a right thing. In my view per head contribution would be better. This is my opinion...rest whatever majority decides. Thanks

Razia Khan said...

Aroraji, I am really flattered by your warmth and encouragement. Thank you so much. I will definately come to see you as soon as possible. I am touched by your love and you have doubled my will power. One feels so happy and flattered when one comes to know that there are people around who misses you. Thanks once again. Aap sab ke liye ek sher arz karti hoon......Tum se juda huye thhey ye kal hi ki baat hai Mehsoos ho raha hai zamana guzar gaya.Thanks a lot.

Razia Khan said...

Sunitaji,so nice of you and thanks a lot. I will come very soon to see you all and waiting eagerly for the day when you will bring your wife. I would love to meet her. Remember me in your prayers . Thanks you so much.

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

my page ... DoyleJChainey