Saturday, February 20, 2016

Campaign Fever

Fehmida Khan (centre) makes a fervent appeal to vote for her
Heated arguments break out among the contenders
With less than a week to go, bidding for the Woman of the Year – 2016 title went up by a notch. At least half a dozen ladies made a fervent pitch for the coveted trophy, each highlighting her USP to back her claims and win the favour of male voters. Here are extracts from their hilarious, half-hour campaign, justifying why they deserve to win:
Fehmida Khan: “I am a great lady. I have not been keeping well for the past few days which is why I have been irregular of late. But otherwise, I am quite regular in the Garden. I do not pick up fights. Ask anybody, I keep my cool, even under intense provocation.”
Mallika Kagzi: “I am very quarrelsome. That is because I cannot stand nonsense. I know the men expect me to get them tea on voting day, but they will not vote for me. I have my ways to find out who they are. I will take my revenge on them one by one. They cannot escape!”
Swati Punjabi: “Everybody knows me as a helpful person. Even in the video of our last trip to the South, Nirmala Nagi was seen praising me. If you vote for me I will treat you to vada-pao, samosa, sheera, chhole -- whatever you want to eat, even drink.”
Bhaswati Bose: “I am most eligible because I qualify by the three As. My ‘Attendance’ is good, I am ‘Active’ in all club activities and I am most ‘Adjusting’, cooperative, friendly and not quarrelsome. So please vote for me.”
Kajal Babani: “I am most regular for the exercises. I am the youngest of the oldest members. I do not pick up fights. I am most tolerant towards everyone. And I have been supportive in organizing the cultural programme last year.”
Past winners Santosh Tyagi and Nahid Khan also made (somewhat half-hearted claims) as also did Geeta Latte. As for the others, much of what was stated this morning has to be taken with huge bagfuls of salt. Women like to exaggerate. It was their day.
Kiran Prakash:
Well done, girls! It is now up to the men to choose the right gem. Surely, they will choose the woman they will be proud of. Hope the Woman of the Year will not only be a pretty face but confident enough to represent the Club.

1 comment:

Kiran Prakash said...

Well done girls! It is now up to the men to choose the right Gem. Surely, they will choose the woman, they will be proud of. Hope, the Woman of the Year will not only be a pretty face but confident enough to represent the club.