Thursday, April 28, 2016

Terrorists!

Kajal Babani (l) and Bhaswati Bose
In the new dispensation under Mallika Kagzi, the Club is witnessing a major transformation. Absenteeism has dropped dramatically. Attendance hovers around a healthy 30 or so on any given day. Ram Shankar Shukla, Yusuf Rassiwala, Mumtaz Jahan and many others who were not-so-regular earlier, are reporting before time these days and hanging around long after the exercises are over. Clearly, the mood is upbeat. “There is so much shanti now,” is the common refrain.
Many would like to attribute this easy bonhomie to the absence of restrictions (in the name of discipline) and the freewheeling manner exercises are conducted, peppered with lighthearted banter and random leg-pulling. The jokes narration after the exercises is proving to be another big draw (ref post of April 23) what with Bhaswati Bose and Kajal Babani dominating the session. They are supposed to be repositories of Internet jokes and have become huge crowd magnets for their style of delivery and the variety on offer.
All for a laaf!
“From tomorrow both should come prepared with five-five jokes each,” demanded Dilip Babani when the ladies ran out of their stock of jokes today.
But appearances can be deceptive. Behind their cheery exterior, Kajal and Bhaswati are known to nurse a mischievous streak that can scare the daylights out of an unsuspecting murga (as they describe their victims). Ask Siba Prasad Maitra. On occasion, he has been taken by surprise by their practical jokes and has had to counter them with equally effective (if somewhat misplaced) rejoinders. Kiran Prakash is another. Having been a victim earlier, he too is always on his guard and must rely on his ready wit and presence of mind to save himself from potentially awkward situations. There are others as well (women included) who are aware of the consequences of letting their guard down when Kajal and Bhaswati are around.
That these two peaceful looking ladies are capable of terrorizing people by their antics is by itself a joke.
Kiran Prakash:
I cannot figure what these two ladies, Kajal Babani and Bhaswati Bose are up to. In spite of having their husbands in the Garden, they are together so mischievous and always looking for a potential murga. Individually though, they are harmless. I will team up with Maitra-ji and devise a strategy to ensure that they don't see eye to eye.
Siba Prasad Maitra:
Dear Kiran-ji, why do you want to team up with me when I am most irregular to the Garden? You are saying both the ladies are harmless. Then why to worry? Have courage and face them boldly. I will be behind you.
Kiran Prakash replies:
Dear Maitra-ji, let us fix days when both of us will be present in the Garden. And please be on my side, not behind me. Please also do not encourage terrorism.
Kiran Prakash adds:
I have known Maitra-ji since the last 30 years. He has never supported anti-social elements. He has always been very cordial to me. I am sure, his mind has been polluted by these two innocent looking, terrorist ladies. I am surprised. He will regret later for supporting these elements.
By the way, I am not feeling too well -- having fever, cough and cold. I feel, I should take rest for a few days.
Bhaswati Bose:
JO DAR GAYA, WOH MAR GAYA!!!
Kiran Prakash retorts:
This is getting a little too far. I will approach the Anti-Terrorist Squad. There has to be complete peace and harmony in the Club. Two ladies cannot take control of the Club.
Siba Prasad Maitra:
You are right Kiran-ji. I will be there tomorrow. But if you are not well and don't come, it will be difficult for me to manage alone. Get well soon.
Lt Col Angad Singh (from Mohali):
The hidden aspect of big time terrorism of these two young ladies was unknown to all of us. Was this simmering behind the cult of discipline imposed by the earlier Managing Committee? Unleashing it now proves that the ladies can hide any secret for a long time innocently -- which is contrary to popular belief.

9 comments:

Kiran Prakash said...

I can't imagine what these two ladies, Kajal Babani and Bhaswati Bose are upto. In spite of having their husbands around in the Garden they are together so mischievous and always looking for a potential Murga. Individually, though they are harmless. I will team up with Maitra-ji to design a strategy that they don't see eye to eye.

Sibaprasad maitra said...

Dear Kiranji, why you want to team up with me as I am most irregular to the ground. There are Mr.Bose, Dilip available everyday. But you are saying both the ladies are harmless, then why to worry? Have courage and face them boldly. I will be behind you.

Kiran Prakash said...

Dear Maitra-ji, let's fix days when both of us will go to Garden. And please be on my side not behind me. Please also do not encourage terrorism.

Bihari Milwani said...

These two young ladies are planning to start a Matrimonial bureau and are hunting for experienced eligible bachelors

Unknown said...

I know Maitra-ji since last 30 years. He has never supported anti social elements. He has always been very cordial to me. I am sure, he has been polluted by these two innocent looking (terrorist) ladies. I am surprised. He will regret later for supporting these elements.
By the way, I am not feeling too well, having fever, cough and cold. I feel, should take rest for few days......Kiran Prakash

Bhaswati Bose said...

Jo dar gaya, woh mar gaya!

Kiran Prakash said...

This is going little too far. I will approach ATS now (Anti Terrorist Squad). There has to have complete peace and harmony in the club. Two ladies can't take control of the club.

Sibaprasad maitra said...

You are right Kiranji. I will b thre tomorrow and if you are not well and don't come,it will be difficult for me alone to manage such.........Get well soon.

Angad Singh said...

The hidden element of big terrorism of these two young ladies was unknown to all of us earlier. Was this simmering behind the cult of discipline imposed by the earlier Committee.
Unleashing it now proves that the ladies can hide any secret for a long time innocently - which is contrary to normal belief.