Wednesday, July 27, 2016

In Hospital Again

Arun Patil
For those of us who are particular about attending the exercises daily, even a day’s absence from the Garden can be alarming. Arun Patil has not been showing up for two days. The last he was seen was at the Chhota Kashmir picnic on Saturday.
Now it turns out that he is in DNA Hospital -- the same hospital in Kandivali where his right foot was amputated last year due to an acute diabetic condition.
Yusuf Rassiwala
He was admitted there yesterday when a persistent sore on a left toe refused to heal, causing concern among doctors attending on him.
“Actually the toe got trapped accidentally under a chair at home and when I tried to forcibly extricate it, the sore turned worse,” he informed on telephone from the hospital. “Even then I did not take it seriously, but my friend (a diabetician) insisted that I go to a hospital and get it treated... or else, I would neglect the problem. Now they are saying I shall have to stick around for another three or four days.”
Arun has a serious problem, partly because of his sweet tooth and more so, as he has already lost one leg. He cannot afford to take chances and needs to be doubly careful because he stays alone. Incidentally, his birthday is barely a week away – on August 2.
Meanwhile, Yusuf Rassiwala has extended an invite to all members for the annual Eid get-together at his house on Sunday, July 31. This is an eagerly awaited event for us, largely because of the warmth and hospitality we get to enjoy in the company of his gracious family members – something that is so rare these days. Watch this space.
Lt Col Angad Singh (from Mohali):
A diabetic must be careful about food. Health takes precedence over the sweet tooth. Our friend Arun has already suffered a lot because of his sweet tooth. We wish him speedy recovery and good health.
Siba Prasad Maitra:
I am really concerned about Arun. He needs to be more careful about his food and sugar control. I am out of Mumbai and will return on August 4 and would like to meet him personally. Wish him a speedy recovery.
It seems I am going to miss the party at Yusuf-bhai's place. I am sure it will be a grand party and request all of you to leave something for me. Please don't finish everything.

Arun Patil was discharged this morning (July 31, 2016) from hospital and is recuperating at home. Our best wishes are with him, as always. --Blog Monster

2 comments:

Angad Singh said...

A diabetic person must be careful about his food. Health takes precedence over the sweet tooth. Our friend Arun has already suffered a lot because of his sweet tooth. We wish him speedy recovery and good health.

sibaprasad maitra said...

I am really concerned about Arun. He needs to be more careful about his food and sugar control. I am out of Mumbai and will return on 4th August and would like to meet him personally.Wish his speedy recovery. It seems I am going to miss the party at Yusufbhai"s place but I am sure it will be a grand party and request all of you to keep something for me-----------don't finish everything..........