Monday, February 19, 2018

Sheer Genius

Bijoy Gupta holds his audience spellbound
It takes nothing but a stroke of genius to come up with an impromptu parody on the manner India’s most wanted scamsters -- Nirav Modi, Vijay Mallya and Lalit Modi – would celebrate Holi on March 2 this year.
Only a gifted funster like Bijoy Gupta could get such an insane brain wave and create an unlikely but believable scenario of the trio connecting long-distance over phone from their respective hideouts. Their conversation would run on the following lines:
Vijay Mallya (from a London suburb): “I have thoroughly cleared and scrubbed my swimming pool clean for Holi. My Kingfisher girls will be here.
Suresh Samel dropped by today
Why don’t you guys also join in? We’ll have a blast!"
Nirav Modi (from New York): “Hey, why don’t you two join me instead at my penthouse? This is my first Holi here. I want it to be memorable for my buddies. Surely you know where to find me.”
Lalit Modi (from Switzerland): “Welcome to the club, Nirav Bhai. Be my guest on Holi. Rest assured, nobody can lay a little finger on you when you are here. Ask VJ, he’ll tell you. Together we can make a formidable trinity. What say? Ha-ha-ha!!!"
How the conversation develops from here on can well be imagined but it was Gupta’s narration skills this morning that had us in splits no end. And he was not stopping there. He had another skit up his sleeve bragging (with a friend, presumably Kiran Prakash) over a “mystery beauty” in the Garden applying colour to him Holi day.
“It will be a laugh-a-minute studded with countless punch lines,” Gupta promised. “I can well stretch it to 20 minutes if you want. As for the ladies, I will work on another script. Let me apply my mind. We will perform all these skits on Holi-eve, as part of the Maha Moorkh Sammelan.”
Banoo Apa had one request though: “Let us not cross the line of decency.”

Bihari Milwani:
Please note, Shekhawat-ji will be disappearing from tomorrow for a month.

Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
What a strange sangam: the Great Scamsters' Club meets the Big Laaf Club to produce one 'Mahamoorkh'! This is the result of the ingenuity of Mr Bijoy Gupta's fertile brain. Hurrah! Be happy and enjoy the experience. But please be sure, do not cross the Lakshman Rekha.

2 comments:

Bihari Milwani said...

Watch out. Shekhawatji will be disappearing from tomorrow. Make sure he pays all loans before leaving

Angad Singh said...

What a strange 'sangam' (confluence). The Great Scam Stars Club joining hands with The Big Laaf Club to produce 'Mahamoorakh' It is the result of ingenuity of fertile brain of Mr Bijoy Gupta. Hurrah. Be happy and enjoy the product,but please be sure, not to cross Lakshman Rekha.