Friday, August 24, 2018

Family Matter

Rejoicing over Zaiyan Khan leaving for Canada to pursue higher studies
To say that the Club is “part of our extended family” sounds more like a cliché today. How many of us would rather say that our family is an extension of the Club?
Razia Khan can rightfully say so. Over the past ten years or so since she joined Big Laaf, she has been involving her family members with us so closely that today, they
Zaiyan Khan
have come to form an integral part of our lives – be it her son Sarfraaz, her daughter-in-law Tahira, or her two lovely grandsons, Zaiyan and Shayaan. For all that happens at home, we have always been a participant -- rejoicing with them, commiserating with them, sharing their hopes and anxieties, ambitions and expectations… all thanks to Razia.
So this morning, when she announced that Zaiyan would be leaving for Canada early next month
Razia Khan (in orange) shares a light moment with Shekhawat
to pursue his Masters in Computer Science, we were drawn into the celebration automatically. Happily, Razia had brought him along with his mother to the Garden and together we raised a congratulatory ‘fourth laugh’… before
Tahira (l) distributes sweets
devouring the sweets and cakes they had packed for us.
Zaiyan is a software engineer – all of 22, a strapping young man, brilliant in studies and always on the go. Today he finds himself at the threshold of a new life, verily a game changing moment in his career. We have watched him grow to this point, from a shy boy tagging on to the dupatta of his grandmother, playing with his little brother on our picnics, doing the moonwalk with earphones plugged to his head... It is therefore natural for us to take pride in his accomplishment but the truth is, he owes it all to his parents and of course, a doting grandma.
When Zaiyan visits the Garden next from Thunderbay, Ontario, many of us may not be around. But he can rest assured that our blessings shall always be with him, wherever he is and in whatever he does in life. Take care, Zaiyaan. And ALL THE BEST!

Razia Khan:
Thank you soooo much for your appreciation and blessings for my grandsons. I really appreciate this. Thanks once again from the core of my heart.

Zaiyan Khan:
I'd like to express my gratitude towards you all in my grandma's style: 'Mushkil raahon mein jo aasaan yeh safar lagta hai / Ye mere chaahne waalo ki duaon ka asar lagta hai'! Thank you :)

Karun Sharma:
When I asked Zaiyan for a message to us, his reply was, "Please remain young and keep praying for me." This is what makes for a happy family environment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all the appreciation and blessings the Big Laaf Family has showered on me, I'd like to express my gratitude towards you all in my grandma's style :
Mushkil raahon me jo aasaan ye safar lagta hai,
Ye mere chaahne waalo ki duaon ka asar lagta hai

Thank you :)

Razia Khan said...

Thank you soooo much for your appreciation and blessings for my grandsons. I really appreciate this. Thanks once again from the core of my heart.
Razia Khan.

Karun Sharma said...

When I asked Zaiyan for message for us the loving members of Big Laaf. He said sweetly and promptly that please remain young and keep praying for me. This is what makes of a happy family environment.