Friday, August 20, 2010

Creating History!


History was made today at Lokhandwala Laughing Club, Garden No 4. Renu Babani (pic rt) turned up for the third successive morning – a feat hitherto unmatched by any of her female contemporaries (barring seniors like Santosh-ji and Naid Khan) including Ramila Mistry, Bhaswati Bose, Neelam Garg, Kajal Babani and Sandhya Narang. Our congratulations to her for achieving this hat trick!
By her own admission (see last comment on the Conversation With Cat post), Renu surprised herself when she managed to “get up early and was on time” at the Club yesterday morning. It had obviously taken her a great deal of planning and single-minded resolve to accomplish this Herculean task. Whether it meant staying up all night or retiring to bed early afternoon of the previous day, we shall never know. But this much we know: When the results showed on the first day, Renu was ecstatic: “Yay!!! I managed the most unimaginable feat today... got up EARLY and managed to make it to the Garden, though was late,” she noted in her comments of August 18.
Clearly, there is a lesson in this for us: If you set your mind on something, however insurmountable it might appear, success awaits you. Renu has shown us the way, leading by example. In all this, her hubby, Kishor must also share some credit. For days on end, Shekhawat had been pestering him on why his wife was doing phunti every day and his reply would be simply putting his palms together, tilting his head to one side and shutting his eyes. The message was clear.
The other big news of the day was that we could catch a glimpse of Sunita-ji’s famous temper. The otherwise affable and jovial lady (pic left) got suddenly worked up this morning when she spotted a tall, unusually lanky Amitabh Bachchan wannabe trying to reach up a neem tree close to where we were exercising. The fellow did not know what hit him when Sunita-ji went charging at him. We too were dumbstruck. Nobody uttered a word. How would plucking a few neem leaves make any difference? Our 'Qutub Minar' does it every morning. He not only plucks leaves, but breaks the branches as well for his daatun. Sunita-ji has no issue with that but just because somebody resembles the Amitabh Bachchan of Sharaabi, she gave him the biggest dressing down of his life.
The fellow simply scampered away as though chased by Hamlet's ghost!
Bhaswati Bose says:
I have attended for the whole of last week at a stretch. Only this week, I may have done some "phunti maaroing". So unfair to give credit only to Renu!
--Bhaswati
Renu Babani says:
Come on Mrs Bose, you are a regular. I, on the other hand, appear out of nowhere. However, it makes me realise how much I am being missed at the Garden. This is a motivation for me surely, and hopefully shall ensure that I attend the exercises regularly and on a daily basis! So Mrs Bose, hoping to see you at the Garden once more. To be honest,I sleep late at night, and that morning sleep is so sweet, that don't feel like getting up. However, I literally force my eyes open, turn off the A/C and fan so the heat will get to me and have no choice but to get up. There, gave you my secret! Regarding Sunita-ji, I bet you that guy will not even come near the Chinese Hut, because the mere sight of her will remind him of the incident. Today we did the entire exercise out in the open, and it felt great. The rain gods were merciful and something to be glad about as well.
--Renu

3 comments:

bhaswati said...

I have attended for a whole week at a stretch and next week may have done "phanti marooing". So unfair to give credit to only Renu!

Renu said...

Come on Mrs. Bose, you are a regular, I, on the other hand appear out of nowhere. However, it makes me realise how much I am being missed at the garden. This is a motivation for me surely, and hopefully shall ensure that I attend the exercises regularly and on a daily basis! SWo, Mrs. Bose, hoping to see you at the garden once more.
To be honest, Mr. Bose,I sleep late at night, and that morning sleep is so sweet, that don't feel like getting up. However, I literally force my eyes open, turn off the A/C and fan so the heat will get to me,and have no choice but to get up. There,gave you my secret!
Regarding Sunita-ji, I bet you that guy will not even come near the Chinese Hut, because the mere sight of her will remind him of the incident.
Today we did the entire exercise out in the open, and it felt great! The rain gods were merciful and something to be glad about as well.

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my
own weblog and was curious what all is required to get setup?
I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any suggestions
or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

my web site ... dating sites (bestdatingsitesnow.com)