Thursday, September 13, 2012

Itchy Feet

You have to give it to them. These elderly ladies and gentlemen of the Club have just returned from a whistlestop tour of Kashmir and even before they could catch their breath, they are talking of the next big tour. If anything, Hari Singh Shekhawat has got the travel bug into them, nice and proper.
This morning he announced (left) that he had a ‘scheme’ for a tour up-north covering Jammu (mainly Vaishno Devi), Uttarakhand and Punjab – right up to the Wagah Border. Scheduled for March next year, the tour would involve travel by air, rail and road. He said that those interested should give their names along with a cash advance so that bookings could be confirmed well in time.
Funnily, Shekhawat has additional plans for a trip to ‘Pattawa’, a mythical no-where land that exists only in his imagination. Since long, he has been getting the whole Club charged with this promise, just that many do not have passports (he included) yet. The idea of applying online and standing in queues for a passport has proved a deterrent and pushed his plans into the long grass.
And then there is Kerala, a proposal initiated by Monthi Serrao. Yesterday, Shekhawat accosted Ramila Mistry and for some reason told her in conspiratorial tones, “Kishi ko mut batana, we are going to Kerala.” The lady promptly excused herself and declared she was already committed to her guru for a religious discourse at Dharamshala. “Chalo, phir sab mil ke wahin chalengey,” he assured her.
In all this, Srichand Arora (above) has already packed his bags for Singapore where he’d be celebrating the Ganesh Festival -- as he does every year with his son’s family. From there, he intends visiting Australia – mainly Sydney and Perth – and would return to Bombay on October 7. This is wishing him a happy and safe journey.
This is also wishing Harish Wadhwa (left pic) many happy returns of the day as he steps into adulthood today. To celebrate the occasion, he brought us a box full of sweets and saved himself some cake-in-the-face, not to mention birthday bumps. But yes, we enjoyed the sweets and thanked him by laughing one extra. Happy Birthday, Harish!
* Harish Wadhwa:
Bon Voyage and have a great time Arora-ji. I am sure you must be very excited to be with your loved ones and grandchildren.
* Thank you so much for the blessings you all gave me so generously. Means a lot to me.
Bhaswati Bose:
Happy 21st birthday, Harish-bhai! Now you can legally have some fun!!!
Renu Babani's PICSPEAK:
* Don't they ever stop for a breather. Another trip!
* "See I brought sweets, I know how to celebrate and not just eat! (Please save some for me.)"
Anonymous:
Awesome blog! I couldn't have written this any better than you if I tried super hard... he-he. I like your style too. It is unique and refreshing.

5 comments:

Harish Wadhwa said...

Bon Voyage and have a great time Arora-ji. I am sure you must be very excited to be with your loved ones and grand children.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Thank you so much for the blessings you all gave me so generously. Means a lot to me.

Bhaswati Bose said...

Happy 21st Birthday Harish Bhai! Now you can legally have some fun!!

Anonymous said...

Renu Babani:

Don't they ever stop for a breather. Another trip!

See I brought sweets, I know how to celebrate, not just eat! (Please save some for me)

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…