Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nip in the Air

With the onset of the festival season, the weather has turned quite pleasant. The sun rises late, the morning temperatures have dipped and with a gentle breeze blowing across the Garden, it is a pleasure now working up a sweat. Gone are the muggy days when we had to contend with excess humidity, terrible heat, even rainfall and feel drained at the end of it all.
The sad part is that people have become lazy also. They would rather oversleep at home than enjoy the fresh morning air out in the open. Earlier, Shekhawat would call up the habitual absconders and ensure their presence for the exercises. Now that he is away in Rajasthan, the whole lot of them – including Yusuf Rassiwala, Bhaswati Bose, Ramila Mistry, Razia Khan and Nafisa Sayyad – are taking it easy. Even Srichand Arora and Pratap Bhatt have become irregular these days.
And what would you say of those who dutifully show up at the Garden early morning and then, just before the exercises, do the vanishing act? This peculiar practice was started by Sunita Jajodia (left) and before long, Santosh Tyagi caught on. Today Dilip Babani proved that he too has caught the 'Sunita Jajodia bug'. After hanging around in the Garden for nearly an hour, he abruptly walked out of the gate minutes before the exercises were to start! Why had he come in the first place – that too at six in the morning?
But then, it takes all kinds to make this laughter club.
Renu Babani's PICSPEAK:
Hear me all of you, time for some real laughter!
Srichand Arora (right):
Friends, please forgive me for not attending the laughter and exercise sessions regularly. Actually my brother-in-law (my wife's brother) is not keeping well and I have to attend to him. I was with you on Monday. Then on Tuesday, I had to join him at Saify Hospital at 6:15 a.m. Again on Wednesday I was with you. And on Thursday, I had to join him to Tata Hospital. I met Mr Shukla in the morning when he was leaving the Garden. Anyway, I will not be regular for next couple of days, but once things settle down, I will be regular. This is a promise. Sorry once again.
Harish Wadhwa:
* Dilip-bhai waited at the Garden for Kajal-ji to join him. When she did not turn up by the start of the exercises, he rushed home in desperation (LOL).
* It was nice to see Kishor-da resuming the Joke Katha to break the monotony of the exercises.
* Arora-sa'ab, your brother-in-law will be in our prayers for a quick recovery. May God bless him and that he regains good health soon. Being with your loved ones in times of need is a gentlemanly act. Keep it up. Everything else, including exercises, can wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renu Babani: Pic Speaks: Hear me all of you, time for some real laughter

s v arora said...

Friends pl just forgive me for not attending the laughter & Excersise class regularly. Actually my B I N (my wife's brother is not keeping well and I am boud to attend him regularly. Monday I was with you ,then on tuesday I had to join him for saify Hospital in the morning (I left at 6.15am. Again wednesday I was with yu and thurdday I had to join him to Tata Hospital. I Met Mr. Shukla in the morning when he was leaving the garden after the session. Any way I will not be regular for next cuple of days but once things settledown, will we regular which is a promise. Sorry once again.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Dilip-bhai waited at the garden for Kajal-ji to join him for the exercises. In desperation when Kajal-ji did not turn up by the start of the exercises, he rushed home. (LOL).

It is nice to see Kishor-da resuming the 'Joke Katha' to break the usual monotony of the exercises.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Arora saab, your brother-in-law will be in our prayers for a quick recovery. May God bless him and that he regains good health soon. Being with your loved ones at the time of need is a gentlemans attitude. Keep it up, everything else including exercises can wait.