Thursday, February 12, 2015

Picnic Fever

Mallika Kagzi
Yusuf Rassiwala
Jagmohan Papneja’s tickets are booked for Chandigarh. He leaves tomorrow.
Rukhsana Khan is booked for Dubai. She also leaves tomorrow.
The rest of us are booked for Gorai Beach the day after tomorrow. We return the same day.
As the picnic fever builds up, the Club witnessed hectic activity this morning with last-minute collections from members for hiring the bus and paying up the resort in advance (ref post of February 9). Shekhawat has been assured a ‘group concession’ for bookings exceeding 40. So far he has been able to mobilise around 30 people, including several non-members. He is now counting on a few so-called ‘fence-sitters’ to push the number up and there’s only a day to go in between.
Why is Monthi Serrao so upset? What is Arora looking at?
Mallika Kagzi wants to go, but there’s a wedding in her family that she must attend at Marine Lines in the evening. Breaking out of the picnic midway and making it all the way home from Borivali, freshen up, and then race to the other end of town for the wedding will be a tough call. But still, she is hopeful her family will permit her to undertake the ‘adventure’.
Yusuf Rassiwala is also in a fix. He wants to go on the picnic but isn’t sure if his wife shares his eagerness. He might nevertheless take a chance by setting out on his own in the hope his wife would follow him.
Who's this man in red?
Notably, Shekhawat himself isn’t sure about his wife because of her delicate health condition. But he has decided to set out come what may.
Meanwhile, here’s a teaser: Who is this guy in red T-shirt standing next to Kiran Prakash? We have known of fathers treating their sons as equals, of mothers mistaken to be their daughter’s sister… but have you seen father and son looking like brothers? Well, here they are. This tall, handsome young man is a reputed plastic surgeon, Dr Siddharth Prakash. Yes, he's our Kiran Prakash’s son.
Jagmohan Papneja:
I can imagine what Dr Siddharth Prakash might have said to his father. Indeed, this club is exceptionally blessed with family, friends, love and laughter.
Siddharth Prakash:
Thanks for the kind words. It was lovely to meet you young people! I have heard a lot about the enthusiasm and energy of the group from dad. Keep up the laughter and the exercise. Doctors like me will soon be out of work. Cheers!
P.S. The blog is lovely. I'm full of admiration.
Kiran Prakash:
I am proud of my son and BIG LAAF too. I am also realising for the first time -- after seeing this photograph -- that I am so short compared to my son!

3 comments:

Jagmohan said...

I could imagine what Dr. Siddharth Prakash might have said to his father Kiran Prakash that:- Dad, I will apperciate you for joining the Big Laaf group as I see your here in a good spirit. This club is blessed with family,friends,love and laughter.
Jagmohan Papneja.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. It was lovely to meet you young people! I have heard a lot about the enthusiasm and energy of the group from dad.. Keep up the laughter and the exercise and doctors like me will soon be out of work! Cheers!!
P.S. The blog is lovely! I'm full of admiration!

Kiran Prakash said...

I am proud of my son and BIG LAAF too.
P.S. It is the first time I am realising after seeing this photograph that I am so short compared to my son.