Thursday, January 21, 2016

Relieved!

Hari Singh Shekhawat
The Club today collectively heaved a sigh of relief as word trickled in on Shekhawat’s operation proving a success yesterday (see post). However, no direct confirmation could be obtained as all the phone numbers of Shekhawat and his family members were switched off/ out of reach since yesterday morning.
Later, after the exercises, Swati Punjabi was to show up and inform that she could speak to Shekhawat’s wife last evening (upon her returning home from hospital) and that indeed the operation has been successful.
Swati Punjabi (l) informs on success of Shekhawat's operation 
“He is out of danger,” Swati said quoting Mrs Shekhawat. “He has not lost his memory and can recognize everybody. Initially though, he felt a little woozy and had vomited. But that has been taken care of and he is able to eat normally now.
Srichand Arora (rt) invites the Club  home to his
75th birthday celebration on January 23 
Today he will be shifted out of ICU and by the day after, he should be discharged from hospital.”
Shekhawat was to call later around noon from the hospital, his voice sounding a little strained, but upbeat. “I have just been wheeled out of the ICU,” he exclaimed, jubilantly. “Everything has gone off first-class. The surgeon said he would make me senseless during the operation, but I could hear and feel everything. After the operation, when they asked me my name, age and so on, I could reply correctly. I vomited a lot afterwards, but the doctor said it was the effect of anesthesia and was only to be expected. Now I am eating well, feeling fine. More than anything else, I feel completely relieved.”
Shekhawat was all praise for the surgeon, known to have notched 140 such carotid artery surgeries so far. “All the operations have been 100 per cent successful, barring just four,” Shekhawat narrated. “I must also thank everybody in the Garden who prayed for me. It is because of your prayers and good wishes and my luck in getting a good doctor that I am able to be back on my feet now.”
Shekhawat should be home by Saturday, January 23.
Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
This only proves that the Almighty grants the collective prayers which come from people's hearts. It substantiates the old proverb: 'Awaaz e khalaq naqaare khuda'.

1 comment:

Angad Singh said...

Every one felt relieved and happy to learn the news that operation of Shekhawat has been successful. This also proves that Almighty God certainly grant the collective prayers,which come from the heart of the people.This also substantiate the old proverb " Awaaz e khalaq naqaare khuda".