Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bereaved

Hari Singh Shekhawat
Shekhawat’s brother-in-law (sister’s husband) has passed away in his village, near Jaipur.
A navy veteran like him, he had been ailing for some time. “The news reached me the day-before,” Shekhawat informed. “He was suffering from a number of age-related problems, but mercifully, did not suffer too much in the end. He passed away peacefully. I could not attend the cremation, but will have to go there anyway.”
Shekhawat has his air tickets booked for April 19 (Tuesday) and will be back, not before next month. “I wanted to go by train, but this being the holiday season, no rail reservations are available,” he said.
Shekhawat is himself keeping indifferent health and has developed inhibitions on air travel because of his delicate heart condition and a recent carotid artery surgery. Even more worrisome is the heat wave in Rajasthan and as he says, even fans are a luxury in his village. “But what to do? As the death is in the family, it is my duty as an elder to go,” he adds.
We join Shekhawat in mourning and pray for the departed soul to rest in peace.
Kiran Prakash:
I am sad to know the sudden demise of Hari-ji's brother-in-law. I pray to God that his soul rests in peace. I also pray the bereaved family gets enough strength to bear this loss.

1 comment:

Kiran Prakash said...

I am sad to know the sudden demise of Hari-Ji's brother-in-law. I pray to Gao that his soul rest in peace. I also pray that God gives enough strength to the bereaved family to bear this loss. ..Kiran Prakash