Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Voting Day – 2017

Jokes' session after the exercises
The civic polls today robbed us of a majority of members who report for the exercises. We were left with 18 this morning – nine males and nine females. The remaining had obviously gone to cast their votes at a nearby polling station, which opened at 7:30 a.m.
Still, we had our share of fun. The sky was (surprisingly) overcast and with a cool breeze blowing across, it was unusually pleasant in the Garden. Santosh Tyagi showed up, still limping from her Rajasthan trip (February 5 - 12). Dilip Babani narrated a few jokes. Bihari Milwani hung around longer than usual as it was polling day and
Lt Col Angad Singh (retd)
he had a two-hour reprieve from work...
In all this, Lt Col Angad Singh (retd) offered to host a party as “he felt like it”. He was dissuaded since he is still in mourning, having lost his wife and son-in-law recently. Besides, there was no real occasion to celebrate (his birthday is in April) and if at all, we ought to be hosting a party for him. He has been away from us for almost a year and it is no small joy to have him back now in our midst. He had brought us revdis yesterday (see post) from Mohali to mark his return to the Garden.
That said, it must be mentioned that “Colonel Sah’b” (as Angad Singh is endearingly addressed) is coping remarkably well after the twin tragedies that have overtaken him. At age 83, he conducts himself with the stoic fortitude only an army man is capable of – thus setting an example for the rest of us. “This is part of life,” is all he is prepared to say about his personal loss.
The Club salutes this man.
Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
My thanks to Blog Monster for his kind comments. His comments and the positive approach exhibited by other members of the Club are very encouraging. They have raised my morale and made me fit to bear my personal loss. I feel quite happy and engrossed in the company of my Club members. This is a God-gifted time for me when I feel completely at home when all my negative thoughts turn into positive ones. I hardly realise how time passes in the company of members of the Club. May God bless you all.

1 comment:

Angad Singh said...

Thanks to Blog Master for the kind comments which have encouraged me and positive approach exhibited by other members of the Club. These comments have raised my morale and have made me fit to bear this personal loss. I feel quite happy and engrossed in the company of the Club members. It is a God gifted time when I feel completely at home and all my negative thoughts turn into positive ones. I little realise how the time passes in company of all the members of the club. My God bless you all.