Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Women’s Day - 2017

WOMAN POWER: CELEBRATING WITH ROSES
Women of the club today used the power of their imagination to reveal an unknown side to their selves in what was to be the most joyous celebration of the International Women’s Day we have ever had at the Garden.
Departing from the practice of awarding a trophy to the Woman of the Year, Kiran Prakash announced that all women of the club would be felicitated individually this year with a rose,
Kiran Prakash lays down the ground rules for today's celebration
provided each one of them ‘confesses’ to a blatant lie hitherto not revealed to anyone.
Karuna Waghmare stepped up to declare she “did not brush her teeth this morning” and was promptly rewarded with a red rose. Likewise Shanti Singh claimed to being the “tallest woman in the Club” while Zarina Khan boasted of being the “best singer and dancer among the women” and Fahmida Khan insisted on “nursing a deep hatred towards every member” in Big Laaf.
Following are some of the other true lies revealed this morning:
Kajal Babani: “I am the first to come for exercises every morning.”
Qadeer Bano: “I am always late for the exercises.”
Nahid Khan: “I am the most beautiful woman on earth.”
Lakshmi gets her rose from Yusuf Rassiwala
Bijoy Gupta (r) does his number

Manisha Kolhe: “I am Manisha Koirala.”
Santosh Tyagi: “I am Lalita Pawar’s sister.”
Banoo Apa: “I am very serious about the exercises.”
Naseem Khan: “I am the most slim and shapely lady around.”
Swati Panjabi: “I love giving pyar ki thappi to everybody”.
Rukhsana Khan: “I have no pain in my legs. I just pretend..."
Khatoon Baig: “I am the youngest and healthiest of you all. Who says I am getting old?”
Geeta Latte: “I never give correct advice to anybody. I am known to give ulti-salaah to everybody who asks.”
Lakshmi Hadimani: “Bathing with soap makes me dark. I used to be very fair earlier. So I have stopped bathing.”
Seeing how the women were struggling for words, Bijoy Gupta made an incisive comment: “I never knew women have to be taught to lie.” Soon he was to launch into an impromptu skit of a boy claiming to steal a kiss from a girl. It ended with a hilarious punch line: Chappad pe chumma leh kar kood ke bhaga (I kissed her on the terrace and scrammed)!
That was the ultimate in self-deception.
Bihari Milwani:
...and the award for the Woman of the Year goes to Mr Kiran Prakash for his "excellent innovative presentation"!

1 comment:

Bihari Milwani said...

and the award for the Best Woman of the Year goes to ....... Mr. Kiran Prakash as Excellent innovative presentation