Thursday, April 20, 2017

Self Analysis

Post-mortem of yesterday's proceedings
Now that the dust has settled over Pehchaan Khan-14 (see yesterday’s post), the Club indulged in some serious self-analysis over how most members got it wrong on recognizing Dilip Babani from his childhood photograph.
“Had he given his current photograph, none of us would have made any mistake,” remarked Bijoy Gupta innocently. “Dilip deliberately fooled us by putting out a photo of his teenage years. Everything about him has since changed – his ears, eyes, smile… Nothing about him is the same today.”
Little realizing that that was precisely the challenge posed by the contest, Gupta was unrelenting: “I can understand if you simply ask me to recognize this chap from his face in the photo. That itself is a tough call because I don’t even know whether he is boy or girl. Instead you are asking me his shoe size, where he stays… Arrey, how am I concerned?”
Dilip, who was till then a silent observer, made some polite noises, whereupon the winner of the contest, Nahid Khan pointed out that his ears and mischievous eyes were total give-aways.
Santosh Tyagi
Zarina Khan
"There was no mistaking them," she pointed out.
Banoo Apa, who also got it spot on (but was sadly, eliminated in the draw of lots) pointed out that Dilip’s smile had not changed. “I could easily identify him from his jawline,” she said, sportingly describing herself a “losing winner”.
Santosh Tyagi rued over spending days on end in vain studying Dilip’s photograph till her granddaughter at home freaked out: “She became terribly concerned, wondering why I kept staring at one black and white photo in the mobile all the time.” And Yusuf Rassiwala recounted how every other phone call he received till yesterday was an inquiry about his shoe size and where he stayed. “I myself got deceived by those ears,” he conceded, while accusing Gupta for being born with Dilip Babani’s ears.
Zarina Khan however, was absolutely unforgiving towards Dilip: “I did not come to the Garden yesterday, but I heard of the contest results in the evening. Since then I have become pareshaan. How can Dilip-bhai have looked like that as a child? I can’t believe it. Now toh he looks alright!”
The discussions will not die any time soon.
Banoo Apa (on WhatsApp):
I would like to say something which I always had in my mind. In all my years I have seen many happy moments and endured much sadness, sorrows and trauma. I have gone through all these. But I have no words to describe how much I enjoy from the moment I enter the Garden early in the morning. The love I get from everyone, I cannot express. People go to so many gardens. But have you ever heard of anybody getting the calendar that we get? What memorable things Big Laaf gives us! Hats off for this remarkable gesture!!!
Dilip Babani:
Really, we all enjoy in Big Laaf. Being there every morning is one-and-half hour of good time-pass. Very good entertainment free of charge!
Bihari Milwani:
Dilip-bhai, do you have any documentary proof to suggest that the boy/ girl in the black-and-white photograph is indeed you and only you? I still doubt it was a photo of a boy and that too, a Humpty Dumpty like you.
Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
Big Laaf is a unique club where everyone has an enjoyable time. Occasional pinpricks are taken sportingly and laughed away. In addition, we get the energy to sustain ourselves in life. So the aim of the club is more than fulfilled. Let's stay happy and keep laughing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear kiranji.not sorry to read yesterday's message.I would like to say something which I always had in my mind .how old I am at present .(,secrete).,I have seen happy moments sad sorrows trauma.I have gone through all these.but the moment early in the morning I enjoy I can't describe .the love w get I don't have words to express.people have so many gardens.but have u ever heard that u get calendar that w get in biflaaf.What memorable thing BOSE SAAB.gives us.hats off to him for this remarkable job. --Banoo Khan

dilip babani said...

really all enjoy in big laaf first execise than jokes than popcorn game .1 and half our good time pass. very good entertainment.free of charge

Bihari Milwani said...

Dilip Bhai, do you have any documentary proof which suggest that the boy / girl in the black and white photograph is you and only you as still I doubt that it was a photo of boy and that too humpty dumpy like you

Angad Singh said...

The Big Laaf Club is a unique body where every one joins to enjoy the time. The little pinpricks are taken sportingly and feel laugh them away. In addition they get the energy which sustains them in life. So the aim of the club is more than fulfilled. Be happy and keep laughing.