Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Comeback Celebrations

Santosh Tyagi hugs Razia Khan after receiving the Club calendar 
Celebrations on Santosh Tyagi’s comeback (yesterday’s post) continued into the morning today as her personalized desk calendar was presented to her amid another big round of applause. Yusuf Rassiwala asked Razia Khan to do the honors since she was the one to have successfully got Santosh back to the Garden and to her exercise routine.
But this was more in the nature of an unfinished business. Santosh was to have received the calendar last month on February 10, but as she had chosen to skip
Karun Sharma shows missing teeth
celebrating her birthday (and not turn up at the Garden), this little gift from the Club was kept on hold. Now she says she will have a belated birthday celebration with us, once she is done with fasting for the ongoing Chaitra Navratri festival.
Meanwhile, Karun Sharma came up with a shocker this morning. Much to our astonishment, he stretched open his mouth sideways to reveal three missing front teeth (incisors) – the result of a nasty fall. He said he felt unusually weak and lightheaded at that moment and accidentally keeled over, crashing against the edge of a table at home.
“I was absolutely exhausted at that time after having to shuttle between Raipur and Delhi repeatedly within a fortnight and then traveling back to Mumbai,” he narrated. “How I lost my balance and toppled over I do not know.”
This is really unfortunate. Karun needs care, but will have to manage between himself and son, Madhur. He will also have to decide whether to go for a dental implant or dentures before he can have his next proper meal.

Karun Sharma:
* Thanks Blog Monster for reporting on my accident. It is extremely important to share such news and elicit the support and suggestions of the Big Laaf Family (BLF). My implant treatment will pose more challenges I'd have to cope with. Today my BLF helped me learn to resolve an emotional issue with physical ego. I obeyed instructions to sit out the exercises for turning up late in the Garden.

* I visited Bijoy Gupta and his family today. Both the parents and brother of late Rachna Gupta were grief-stricken and it would take them some more time to recover. Their daughter-in-law and grandson are expected today from London. The presence.of their grandson at home should cheer them up. Gupta-ji informed me that a Condolence Meeting would be held at 7:00 pm in a church at Goregaon West on Friday, March 23, 2018.

Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
The news of the loss of Karun Sharma's teeth is tragic. It is perhaps due to professional exertion and exhaustion. He should get himself medically examined and look after himself properly. Health is of primary concern and everything else comes later.

3 comments:

Karun H Sharma said...

Thanks Blog master for letting news of challenges of my physical health come in. It is extremely beneficial to share such news as suggestion of Big Laaf Family (BLF) support us in big way. Today I came to meet this family as I may be away for another 4 days from 24th to 27th. Besides my implant treatment will have more challenges to cope with. Today my BLF helped me learn take up an emotional ego and physical ego as I obeyed instructions of sitting out for exercise and exposed my darker physical appearance.

Karun H Sharma said...

Today I visited Bohot Gupta ji and his family. Both parents and brother of Late Rachna Gupta are grief stricken and would take more time to feel lighter. Meanwhile their daughter in law and grandson would have reached home today to join family in this hour of grief. Presence.of grandson will help them smile.
Gupta ji informed me that condolence meeting would be held at 7PM in Church in Goregaon west on Friday, 23rd March.

Anonymous said...

The news about the loss of teeth of our dear Karun Sharma is tragic. It is perhaps due to professional exertion and exhaustion. He should get himself medically examined. He should properly look after himself. Health is of primary concern and everything else comes later on. --Angad Singh