Monday, December 17, 2018

Short ‘n’ Sweet

Kajal and Renu Babani pose with the birthday calendar
Kajal Babani turned a year older today. But there were two reasons to celebrate this morning. One was obvious – the birthday. And the other was a surprise – Renu Babani, her sister-in-law had shown up, from Canada.
Packets of goodies for all
Gupta (r) belts out a cheesy film number
It was therefore in the fitness of things that Renu should be entrusted with presenting Kajal her birthday calendar. That apart, they were as similar as two peas in a pod before the former packed her bags and relocated to Canada a few years back. She is now here on a vacation.
We, as usual, sang the birthday song and raised the customary 'fourth laugh' for the birthday girl. Bijoy Gupta interjected by belting out a snappy romantic ditty and with Kajal’s hubby, Dilip Babani organizing the eats, it had been a short but sweet birthday celebration in the Garden this morning.

Renu Babani:
It was great meeting everyone. I felt so welcome and comfy. Mr Bose declared straightaway that he has work for me. I was startled at that very point and asked cautiously, 'What work?'. But thank you for the honour of presenting the calendar to my dear sis-in-law. I shall make it a point to come by sometimes to say hello. It's good to be in touch.

Lt Col Angad Singh (rtd):
Wishing Kajal a happy birthday and long, healthy married life.

2 comments:

Renu said...

It was great meeting everyone. I felt so welcome and comfy. Mr Bose declared straight away that he has work for me. I was startled at that very point, and asked cautiously, 'what work'. However thank you so much for the honour of presenting the calendar to my dear sis in law.
I shall make it a point to come by sometimes to say hello. It's good to be in touch.

Angad Singh said...

Wishing Kajal happy birthday and long healthy married life.