Saturday, April 21, 2012

So Far So Good

Mumtaz Jahan is determined to take us all to Srinagar – her hometown in Kashmir. Hari Singh Shekhawat is equally firm in his determination on making the trip in June. Together they have convinced the naysayers to join, despite apprehensions of inclement weather, health issues, accidents and the attendant risks of undertaking such a long journey.
As things stand, till July, there are no tickets available on the Jammu Tawi Express, the only train service, once a week – every Saturday. One viable alternative is to book an entire coach for ourselves to and fro, for which we would need to rustle up at least 40 (or is it 30?) passengers for the trip. Shekhawat feels that should not be a problem.
Meanwhile, Mumtaz informed about two tour packages – one, priced at Rs15,000 and the other, slightly high-ended for Rs21,000 per head. This would take care of food and lodging, local travel, sightseeing and houseboat rides over eight days. The main scenic spots of Srinagar, Sonmarg, Pahalgam and Gulmarg would be covered during this period.
So far so good. Now the only point where the plans can come unstuck is if the Railways refuse to allot us an exclusive coach. Shekhawat promises to make enquiries.
Harish Wadhwa:
* 'Chalo Kashmir', ab hamara yeh naara hai! I am tempted to visit the Crown of India and Paradise on Earth, as they say. Let's see how it progresses. I am actually looking for the company of a good- looking chudail from outside (to make this trip memorable) before taking the plunge. How about a Kashmiri chudail?
* Nice words in Guru Gyan, Kishor-da!
Anonymous:
After going over a few of the blog posts on your web page, I seriously appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon.

3 comments:

Harish Wadhwa said...

Chalo Kashmir !, Ab hamara yeh naara hai !!. I am tempted to visit the 'Crown of India' and 'Heaven on Earth' as they say. Let's see how it progreses. I am actually looking for company of an 'external' & good looking chudail, to make this trip memorable, before taking a plunge.! How about some Kashmiri chudail ?.

Harish Wadhwa said...

Nice words in Guru Gyan Kishor da.

Anonymous said...

After going over a few of the blog posts on your web page,
I seriously appreciate your technique of writing a blog.
I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon.

Please visit my website as well and tell me what you think.
my site :: best vms