Thursday, January 01, 2015

Welcome 2015

NEW YEAR 'GIFT': Kiran Prakash makes his debut on conducting the Laughter Rounds
After a wildly hedonistic night, the New Year dawned on us today with the celebrations taking on a mellow note.
Walnut cakes from Bhaswati Bose
Srichand Arora offers luddoos
Over cups of steaming tea and walnut cakes and luddoos, we ushered 2015 in the Garden in a spirit of familial warmth and bonhomie, as indeed civilized people do.
Attendance was full today. Many, who could not turn up for the exercises, joined us for the celebrations later. And the best part was that we got ourselves a new ‘teacher’ for the laughter exercises in the New Year. Kiran Prakash himself offered to conduct the laughter rounds, much to everyone’s delight and appreciation. It was just the other day that he had joined us and in such a short time, has endeared himself by taking to all the activities of the Club like a fish takes to water. Small wonder, he was to earn the sobriquet of ‘24 Karat’ from Bihari Milwani this morning.
More tea... at the chai shop!
Steaming hot tea for all
Within seconds, the latter calculated that Kiran has been around on the planet for 24,000 days – such is his way with numbers!
Otherwise, conversation hovered about the new Aamir Khan-starrer, PK (which has stirred quite a controversy), the discovery of wreckage and bodies of passengers from the AirAsia plane crash, resolutions made and meant to be broken during the New Year, and so on. Health concerns remained prime on everyone’s list of resolutions. On one count though, there was total unanimity – we must all meet again same time, same place in 2016.
The resolve was however, accompanied by a rider: Srichand Arora must treat us to those mouth-melting luddoos and Bhaswati Bose has to get us the same walnut cakes and tea!
Kiran Prakash:
Honestly, conducting today's exercises was purely a selfish step. I have never missed a single day of exercises since I bumped into BIG LAAF on November 24, 2014 and the group gracefully accepted me. I do not wish to miss any of it till my two legs can bring me to the Garden. Today's attempt was just to throw myself into the deep so that I am not able to come out even if I desire to any time in future. Once again, kudos to Bihari-ji for his hold over numbers.
Jagmohan Papneja:
Many people make New Year resolutions. But at Big Laaf, the following things matter: More Music, More Tea, More Long Walks, More Laughter, More Dreaming, More Trips, More Fun... These are rather easy to maintain.
Anonymous:
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up to. This type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb work. I've you guys to blogroll.

4 comments:

Kiran Prakash said...

Honestly, it was purely a selfish step..I have never missed a single day of exercises ever since I bumped into BIG LAAF on 24th November 2014 and the group gracefully accepted me. I do not wish to miss it till my two legs can bring me to Garden no.4. Today's attempt was just to throw myself so deep into it that I am not able to come out even if I desire so any time in future. Once again Kudos to Bihari-ji for his hold over numbers.

Jagmohan said...

Many people look forward to the New Year's Resolution.But at Big Laaf following things matter.
More Music,More Tea,More Long Walk,
More Laughter,More Dreaming,More Trips,More Fun
These are simple to maintain.
Jagmohan Papneja

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and reporting!

Keep up the superb works guys I've you guys to blogroll.



my weblog Container Gardening

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable to go to see this web site and reading the
views of all colleagues regarding this piece of writing,
while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

Stop by my page: dating online (bestdatingsitesnow.com)