Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Guest Writer

Beginning today, we introduce the ‘guest writer’. All members with a flair for words, a nose for news and a love for the language are welcome to report for the blog from time to time – if only to infuse some freshness and perhaps, humour as well. Our first guest writer, Bhaswati Bose files her report today:
Santosh Tyagi's jokes narration
Men exchange high-fives
Arrey, she has come!” the ladies shouted.
“Ha! I have a lot of work today,” I said, trying to sound important. Taking the camera out of my pocket I said, “I have to click pictures and also write the blog.”
Tu blog likheygi?!?”
Nobody believed me and continued with the exercises. Soon I had taken the photographs, but what do I write now? I asked Santosh-ji. “What do I know?’ she said, annoyed. I caught Mallika Kagzi: “Well, you come early, tell me what has happened today?” "Nothing!” she said cheerfully. She had not even brought tea, so there would be no chai pe charcha that I could write about. “Tu ek kaam kar” Mallika said helpfully, “you write down all the jokes which Santosh has narrated today. That will fill up the page.” Monthi Serrao who was listening in, advised seriously: “You do one thing man.
Yusuf can't stop laughing
The ladies' high-fives
You look up all the photographs in the blog which are similar to the ones you have taken today and then check what is written next to them. Just copy it, simple!”
I began to panic now. I ran towards the men. Jagmohan-ji had already left. Arora-ji, Kiran Prakash-ji and Angad Singh-ji had not turned up today. Shekhawat-ji was busy collecting/ distributing money. That left me with Yusuf Bhai. “Mujhe aaj blog mein likhna hai” I stated, looking up at him hoping for some clue, some masala. “Aacha, aaj aap likhegi?” Yusuf asked amused and burst out laughing. He was still laughing when I left the Garden.
P.S: Now l will just have to wait for the Blog Monster to edit, chop, chew, dissect or delete this post to maintain the blog’s high standards and save its ‘izzat’!
Kiran Prakash:
Well written. Congratulations, Bhaswati-ji! Izzat saved!!!
Bhaswati Bose
It is indeed a good idea to have guest writers for the reasons mentioned, but our universal apprehension, Sabse bada rog, kya kahenge log ('what will people say') will deter many. It surely applies to me. Anyway, we will see how to cross the bridge when it comes. Once again, congratulations Bhaswati-ji. I can imagine the stress of maintaining the 'high standards'. I have expressed it earlier in my comments.
Srichand Arora:
Exxxxxxxxxcellent, Bhaswati Bose! What a magic way to complete 400 words. No one else could have done this. Congratulations, with a request to be a guest writer once a week at least!!!
Monthi Serrao:
Wow! Congratulations Bhaswati. Very well written. Glad both husband and wife are multi-talented. Thank you for continuing to hold the mantle. Looking forward to many more posts from you!

3 comments:

Kiran Prakash said...

Well written. Congratulations Bhaswati-ji. "Izzat" saved.
It is indeed a good idea to have guest writer for the reasons mentioned above but our universal apprehension, "Sabse bada rog, kya kahenge log" ( what will people think) will deter many. It surely applies to me. Anyways we will see how to cross the bridge when it comes.
Once again, congratulations Bhaswati-ji. I can imagine the stress of maintaining the "high standards". I have expressed it a couple of times in my comment.

s v arora said...

Exxxxxxxxxcelet Bhaswati Bose. What a magic way to complete 400 words. No one else could have done this. Congratulation with a request to be a guest writer once a week atleast

Monthi Serrao said...

Wow, congratulations Bhaswati, very well written. Glad that both husband and wife are multi-talented. Thank you continuing to hold the mantle. Looking forward to many more posts from you !