Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Nonsensical

Shekhawat tries to touch Gupta (r) inappropriately
Bijoy Gupta has not yet forgiven Shekhawat on the Raazi fiasco (ref post of May 25). “Today is the fourth day since you took us to that bakwaas movie,” he reminded Shekhawat. “You made me waste four precious hours of my life. Now you better return the hundred bucks I spent on the ticket because of you.”
“What bakwaas are you talking?” Shekhawat took off on the offensive. “The movie has already grossed 100 crore since its release. Were it not for me you wouldn’t have got to see INS Vikrant and how it was deployed in the 1971 war…”
“Forget all that,” Gupta countered. “I am asking for my 100 rupees only!”
“YOU better pay me 100 rupees,” Shekhawat argued. “Because of me you could see Alia Bhatt on the big screen. You should be happy about that.”
“What do I get from watching Alia Bhatt on the screen?” Gupta chuckled. “She means nothing to me. To you, she may be a goddess or whatever, I am least bothered. I want my money back.”
The conversation between the oldies continued in bits and spurts, meant solely for public consumption. After a while, Arun Patil chipped in wanting to know why one was demanding Rs100 from the other. “Why, the ticket cost was Rs80 and autorickshaw fare was Rs20!” Shekhawat explained.
Whatever the intent behind such nonsensical banter, this is all the entertainment we get in these days of high humidity and low attendance. It is wholly to the credit of Shekhawat and Gupta that the mood is still upbeat in the Garden.

Dilip Babani:
Shekhawat and Gupta are really the best jodi of Big Laaf.

Lt Col Angad Singh (retd):
Gupta and Shekhawat are capable of countering each other endlessly and keeping everyone guessing about the outcome. They should conserve their energy and talent for the next Annual Function.

2 comments:

dilip babani said...

really shekhawat and gupta jodi is the best jodi in big laaf.

Angad Singh said...

Gupta and Shekhawat can continue to counter each other for an unlimited time and keep the nearby flock guessing about the outcome. They should conserve their energy and talent for the next annual function.